“Elderberries” December Event
Trip to Winston-Salem
Sunday, December 4 – 6
- Estimated cost per person is $300 per person, based on hotel double occupancy room and a minimum of 40 participants. Included in this price is transportation, 2 nights lodging, all meals except lunch, luggage handling, and planned tours (three or four tours will be included in the itinerary).
- Travel from Seneca will be on a 54-seat motor coach, provided and driven by Ionosphere Travel, an Anderson, SC company.
- We plan to depart from Saint Mark on Monday, December 4 at 12:00 noon. Please eat lunch first, or you can bring a bag lunch or snack with you. Drinks must be in a container with a lid to minimize spills. No milk or ice cream. We will plan a rest stop about half way to Winston-Salem. It is about a four-hour trip, plus a short rest stop.
- Lodging will be in the historic Brookstown Inn, voted by Southern Living as one of the South’s 25 best hotels in 2016. The building in which the inn is housed was Winston-Salem’s first factory, commissioned by the Moravian Congregation as the Salem Cotton Mill in 1837. Twenty years later, the building was converted to the Wachovia Flour Mill and ultimately served as a warehouse until the 1970’s. Brookstown Inn opened in late 1984.
- The inn will welcome us with a wine and cheese reception each evening, and milk and cookies at bedtime. The hotel is located ½ mile from Old Salem Museums and Gardens.
- Tentatively, tours and activities include:
- Krispy Kreme donut reception and overview tour by Winston-Salem Tourism
- Evening visit to Festival of Lights at Tanglewood Park
- Old Salem Museums and Gardens tour
- Reynolds House Museum of American Art Tour “A 1917 Christmas”
- Tour of Korner’s Folly, a unique Victorian era home in Kernersville, NC, decorated in period Christmas décor
- Stop at Mrs Hanes Handmade Moravian Cookie factory on the way back home. This is the only factory that makes all of their cookies totally by hand.
- Expected return to Seneca will be on Wednesday, December 6 no later than 5:00 pm.
- A non-refundable deposit of $50/person will be required by November 1 so the bus can be reserved.
Make your reservation on the form below: